Bissel Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner is an advanced deep cleaning technology designed to force a solution of warm water into the carpet. As a result of this, the deep-rooted dirt is brushed and hauled out of the carpet through a suction technique. But the question arises is “How To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner?” to achieve this cleaning correctly.
Points to remember
Before you turn on your Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner, remember these points to avoid the risk of destroying your carpet or cleaner. This will also help you in getting a better experience in cleaning.
- Always test the cleaning method on a hidden part of the carpet first, as it can cause discoloration.
- Do not use extra hot water as it can stiffen the carpet’s fabric more.
- Do the initial cleaning of the carpet first before you get into deep cleaning.
- Prepare your Bissel Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner in advance to avoid confusion.
- Always turn off the machine and unplug it while filling the tank. This point is important to ensure your safety.
- Solvent-based spots should not be treated with Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner, as it can damage the plastic module.
Prepare Your Carpet First
Before you get into deep cleaning, always prepare your carpet with some initial cleaning steps. This pre-preparation will help you get a better deep cleaning experience and eliminate all types of initial dirt, such as human or pet hair, pet pee stains, mildew, and unpleasant fragrances from the carpet.
Clean The Carpet With Vacuum Cleaner
Initial cleaning is the most essential step, as it can clean all the dry debris from the carpet and prepare it for Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner’s deep cleaning. For this,
- Use a vacuum cleaner or a wooden broom to suck out all the daily household dirt.
- Clean the hidden part of the carpet as well, such as corners behind and under furniture and dirt that settles beneath the carpet.
- If you find hairs of humans or pets, then use a scrubber and gently comb out the carpet’s fabric.
Remove All The Furniture From the Carpet
If you are planning to clean your whole carpet with furniture on it, then your cleaning experience will become more hectic for you. Because you will have to shift furniture continuously from one part of the room to another to clean it nicely. If you don’t want to increase your burden of cleaning, then,
- Shift the small furniture and decorative pieces above it to another room.
- Be attentive while shifting so that you don’t harm yourself or any furniture.
- Wrap the feet of furniture with a plastic cover and use a cloth or plastic above them to cover.
- If you can’t move any of the furniture because of its size, then cover it adequately and shift it to the other side of the carpet while cleaning an area.
Clean Over Stained Areas On The Carpet With Carpet-Shampoo Or Detergent
Stubborn Stains are hard to remove just by carpet cleaner, especially if they are due to your pet’s pee or poo, frequent foot traffic in a region, or any oil and food stain. That is why you must treat such stains yourself to avoid the risk of patches or unpleasant smells.
- Buy carpet cleaning shampoo from your nearby store and spray it evenly on stained or overused carpet regions.
- Let the cleaner settle on the place for 5 minutes.
- You can also use any detergent present in your house for the same.
How To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner?
You need to know the setup techniques of Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner before you move towards deep cleaning. For this, follow each and every step one by one, as mentioned below, and treat your carpet stains.
Step 1: Fill The Water Tank To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner
It must be apparent from the brand’s name itself that you need to pour hot water inside the carpet cleaner for better cleaning. For this,
- Draw the lever present on the Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner to the back side of the container and pull the top section up. By this, you can open a water-filling compartment to pour hot water into it.
- Fill the tank with hot water up to the maximum point, as marked in tank itself.
- Place the lever back into its place tightly to avoid leakage.
Step 2: Pour Carpet Cleaning Solution In Container
Some carpet cleaners have a separate compartment for carpet cleaning solutions. For such cleaner,
- Fill the water tank completely with hot water and add carpet cleaning solution in the formula tank while considering mark as the maximum point.
- Also, add hot water to the solution before you pour it into the formula tank.
- You can use any of the Bissell Carpet Cleaning Solutions, such as Bissell Pro Heat 2X Revolution Max Clean Solution, Bissell Deep Clean Pro Max Clean Solution, Bissell Oxy Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula Enhancer, for better cleaning results.
If your carpet cleaner doesn’t have a separate solution compartment, then,
- Add hot water to the water tank upto the first line, and then pour the carpet cleaning solution.
- Keep adding solution until the water level doesn’t touch the second mark present just above the first one.
- Avoid overuse of carpet cleaner as it can leave your carpets looking tacky and dull.
Step 3: Setup Cleaning Dial To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner
The cleaning dial has three setting options: light, normal, and heavy. Adjust the dial as per your requirement, depending on the level of dirt and stain your carpet has.
If you can’t find the dial, then it is possible that your cleaner model doesn’t have this feature in it.
Step 4: Turn On The Floor Cleaning Option To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner
This is the final setting option you must work on before powering your Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner. And you may find this option on the upper part of the water tank with two cleaning choices: floor and deep cleaning.
Roll the dial until it points towards floor cleaning. Your machine is now ready for deep cleaning.
Step 5: Turn On The Power And Heat Button
Pull down the power and heat button after plugging your carpet cleaner into the main switch.
These buttons are situated on the back side of the cleaner and will start your carpet cleaning machine instantly. Also, use the recline pedal to recline your machine.
Step 6: Clean The Carpet With Wet And Dry Strokes
Deep cleaning is only possible if you give your carpet a few wet strokes to suck all the deep embedded dirt. You can also use the steam cleaning method for deep cleaning the carpet.
To achieve this,
- Pull the cleaner’s trigger up while moving forward and backward.
- Focus on a small area at a time and avoid moving too fast if you want your cleaner to sprinkle an adequate amount of solution.
- Remember to be at a moderate speed because your carpet may get oversaturated if you move at a significantly less pace.
- Move your carpet cleaner from the same spot where you have saturated by leaving the trigger. By this, you can give dry strokes to your carpet, which will lead to the suction of water and filth from the carpet.
Step 7: Continue The Process In The Uncleaned Region
If you find out that there is still some filth and patches remaining on carpet, then it is time to go again with the process.
Pull up the trigger again to give 2 to 3 wet strokes followed by the same number of dry ones. Repeat this until your carpet is spotless.
Step 8: Empty The Water Tank With Dirty Water
There are two water tanks present in your Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner, and the tank with dirty water is situated along with a clean water tank.
Uncap the tank and pour out soiled water in a sink. Also, empty the dirty water tank between your cleaning if its level has reached its maximum point.
Step 9: Refill For Further Cleaning
If you think that your carpet still needs to be cleaned, or you want to go again for a few strokes, then uncover the plastic cap of the clean water tank and fill it again with hot water and solution.
Step 10: Clean The Carpet With Clean Water
To remove the solution from the carpet, pour clean water and wash it gently. You can also do this step with the help of Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner by adding clean water at an average temperature in the water tank.
Give a few clean strokes to the carpet to clean it thoroughly. After that dry it under the sun or big fan for 2 to 4 hours.
How To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner | Conclusion:
Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner is equipped with Triple Action Advanced Brushes to scrub and groom carpet. It also has advanced heat wave technology to flush out all the filth from your carpet.
If you are struggling with the question of “How To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner?” to achieve this kind of advanced cleaning, then follow all the steps given in this article one by one and get some wonderful results.
How To Use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner | FAQ’S:
Which Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner can heat water on its own?
Bissell Carpet Cleaner treats deep embedded dirt on carpets via hot water, and for this, you have to pour such water into its tank. But if you want to buy a cleaner with an inbuilt heating facility, then Bissell ProHeat and ProHeat 2X are your go-to options. This cleaner can heat water for up to 25 degrees, which can easily clean your carpet.
Can I use Bissell Pro Heat Carpet Cleaner without water?
Bissell Carpet Cleaner is designed to clean deep-rooted dirt from carpets and not to be used as a vacuum cleaner. Due to this, you can only use this cleaner with water.
How long do I have to dry my carpet after cleaning with Bissell Carpet Cleaner?
It is important to hang the carpet either under the sun or under a big fan for 2 to 4 hours to dry it thoroughly.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!