Wondering how you can wash and rinse your carpet easily, then hoover carpet cleaner can be the answer. Because when most people wonder whether to call professionals every 6 months or 1 year, this cleaning technique will give you space to play alone. But the question arises, “How To Use A Hoover Carpet Cleaner?” when the carpet in your room needs intense cleaning. Also, do you need any solution for hoover carpet cleaning?
In this article, we will go through all the methods step by step that we can use to clean carpet via Hoover Carpet Cleaner and make it look new.
Things To Remember
- Before moving towards carpet cleaning, remove all the furniture placed on the carpet and vacuum it to remove dust.
- Open all the doors and windows of the room you are going to clean for ventilation.
- Don’t be too harsh toward your carpet while cleaning.
- Prepare all cleaning essentials in advance to avoid confusion.
Remove All The Furniture Before Cleaning
Cleaning carpet with furniture placed on it is not a good idea to go with because you may either break the furniture or decorative pieces over it. Besides this, you will be unable to clean the corners behind furniture and the area where it is placed. So it is better to remove all furniture from the room before cleaning. For this,
- Wrap plastic bags around the legs of every furniture to avoid chances of getting scratches.
- Clean the furniture on the carpet only before shifting it to another room.
- Be attentive while shifting furniture so that it doesn’t get harmed or harm you.
- If there is any furniture that you can’t move to another room, then cover it with a cloth or plastic bag completely. By doing this, you can move the furniture from one corner of the room to another while cleaning.
Clean The Carpet Thoroughly With A Vacuum Cleaner
After removing all the furniture, be ready with your vacuum cleaner on, as it’s time for dry debris cleaning.
You must be wondering why we are using vacuum cleaners if we are already going to do a deep cleaning process.
Vacuum cleaner removes dry dust and other household filths like human and pet hairs, food remains, etc from the carpet. In contrast, Hoover’s carpet cleaner removes deep-down embedded dust. So, it’s better to first vacuum for regular cleaning before going for a wet wash.
Choose A Carpet Cleaning Solution For Better Cleaning
Choosing a carpet cleaning solution is the most crucial step, as it can decide what kind of cleaning you will get.
- You can choose any regular cleaner, but if you want deep cleaning for specific issues like removing stains of food and oil, removing pests and pet’s pee, and removal of immense amounts of dust due to irregular cleaning habits, you can check the wide range and variety of carpet cleaning solutions made available by hoover carpet cleaner.
- There is a range of fragrant cleaning solutions, and Hoover suggests you use any of these solutions to add fragrance to your room.
- You can choose any of Hoover’s cleaning solutions, such as Hoover Oxy Deep Cleaning Carpet Shampoo, Hoover Paws & Claws Deep Cleaning carpet shampoo, etc., at your convenience.
- Do not use homemade cleaning products like white vinegar or baking soda, as they can cause discoloration to the carpet.
Set Up The Hoover Carpet Cleaner
For setup, you first have to add fresh water to a Hoover carpet cleaner. You must be wondering, where am I supposed to add water?
So, if you notice it attentively, you will find that it has 2 types of water tank. Among these tanks, one is for clean water, and the other is filled with dirty water sucked up while cleaning. First,
- Open the water tank present in the top section and fill it with water.
- You can use tap water to fill the tank, but make sure it’s hot.
- Remember to consider water marks as the maximum point of filling.
Add Carpet Cleaning Solution
Depending on the model of Hoover carpet cleaner, you will find a cap either inside the water tank or in a separate solution compartment. You can,
- If present, fill the cap to measure the cleaning solution and pour it either into a water tank or a separate compartment.
- You can choose Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe or Elite and Hoover Max Extract if you want a separate cleaning compartment.
Steps To Follow For Cleaning
- Place the water cleaner on top of the carpet and lean it in backward direction towards the handle.
- Step over the pedal and change the setting of your carpet cleaner to “wash” before you start it.
- Turn on the carpet cleaner and press the cleaner’s trigger while moving forward.
- Keep the carpet moving slowly, as it will wet it more and take days to dry.
- Press the trigger again and move backward to lock the clean section spotless.
- Move the cleaner forward without pressing the trigger for final cleaning and to dry the wet area.
- Move the cleaner forward and backward, again and again, until you are assured the clean part is dried.
- Continue the process all over the carpet, and remember to clean corners neatly, as it is most affected by foot traffic.
- Empty the dirty water present in the second tank.
- Change the setting from “wash” to “rinse” if your Hoover carpet cleaner brand has one. If not, refill your cleaner water tank with clean and warm water without adding any solution.
- Move forward and backward again with wet and dry strokes to remove the carpet cleaning solution present on the carpet.
- Let it dry under the sun or a big fan for 2 to 3 hours until the moisture is completely removed.
After following all these cleaning steps and ensuring that your carpet has no moisture left, put the furniture back in place.
After this deep cleaning, your carpet will again be available to use with more shine and smoothness.
Regular cleaning by a vacuum cleaner or any other equipment will not remove all the dust from the carpet, and eventually, the dust will settle on it over time. In situations like this, a Hoover carpet cleaner can become a savior for you and will make your carpet look new in its old age as well.
To get the exact solution for “How To Use A Hoover Carpet Cleaner?” follow all steps one by one as given in the article and bring the natural colors of your carpet back.
What is the difference between a vacuum cleaner and a Hoover carpet cleaner?
Vacuum cleaners are designed to remove daily household dry debris, whereas Hoover carpet cleaners eliminate deep embedded stains with wet cleaning facilities.
Should we use a Hoover carpet cleaner solution only?
It is recommended to use Hoover solution in Hoover carpet cleaning because of its availability in various dirt segments and different fragrances. By using this, you can make sure that your machine and carpet are not going through any damage.
How to clean a Hoover carpet cleaner's water tank?
To clean the carpet cleaner’s water tank, push the “release” button to remove dirty water and then empty the water tank into a sink. After that, you can rinse water tanks with warm water and leave it to dry.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!