Ketchups are the most popular relish in every household, and whenever a carpet is stained by its dark red color, the panic that starts is real. It is very difficult to get rid of those ketchup stains completely, so “How To Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet?”
What if we tell you that it is not impossible? Well, yes, there are many ways by which you can remove ketchup stains from your carpet easily. Let’s see all those ways one by one.
Ways To Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet
Stained carpet is a burdensome task to clean, especially when the stain is of red color ketchup. But there are some simple and effective methods that you can use to get a spotless rug. Go through each method individually and choose one to apply on your spotted carpet.
Use Detergent Or Liquid Dishwasher
This is the most popular home remedy and the easiest one to opt for. Before going for this, just make sure that ketchup is not dried in its place because dried one will need more effort to be removed. Apart from this, make sure that you don’t rub the ketchup to clear away its tinge, as doing this will outspread the ketchup more. Also, once the ketchup is stuck in the carpet’s fabric, its removal will become very difficult.
After ensuring that you have followed both of these steps, go along with the points given below one by one.
- Scoop out the liquid part of ketchup carefully so that it doesn’t unroll on other parts.
- If the ketchup has dried up on the carpet, then scratch the excess with a loose knife.
- Mix detergent or liquid dishwasher in a cup of water to apply it on the carpet.
- Blot the stained part and apply the mixture all over the stain.
- Let the mixture be there for a few minutes, then scrub it with soft hands.
- Wash it off using clean water.
- Dry your carpet entirely under the sun to ensure that there is no moisture trapped within.
- Repeat the steps 2 to 3 times if stains are stubborn and hard to be removed.
Ammonia has alkaline cleaning agents and is corrosive in nature, which is a great option to clean food stains such as BBQ sauce, red wine stains, etc. On adding it to water, ammonia starts acting like a lubricant (which you can use to break up the ketchup from the carpet). To accomplish this and to get favorable results:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ammonia in 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Dip a cotton cloth in ammonia solution and sponge the stain.
- Leave the mixture for some time and then sponge it with cold water
- Pour the carpet to dry.
Use Baking Soda
When stains are not in the mood to vanish easily, then baking soda can be your savior. Baking soda can work on such aggressive stains, which are hard to detach after drying. In such case, it cleans the whole carpet without leaving any spot, so to get such results, you have to follow these steps in succession.
- Sprinkle the powdered baking soda on the stained area thoroughly.
- Use a scrubber or brush and gently rub on the stained part for some time.
- Vacuum the carpet until baking soda is removed, and then use clean water to clear the ketchup stain.
How To Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet? | Conclusion:
While removing the ketchup, make sure that the removing agent you are using is not harsh on carpet fibers. For that, first, use the remedy on a hidden area of carpet, then apply it on the ketchup stain. By this, you will get the best result of your question of “How To Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet?”
How To Get Ketchup Out Of Carpet? | FAQ’S:
Will the stain of ketchup not go if not treated?
Any stain needs time and effort to be removed, and it is similar in the case of ketchup as well. In this situation, you can use any home remedy like detergent or liquid dishwasher, or you can go with vinegar or baking soda to treat. However, many people with a dog at home have a very common question: Is baking Soda on the carpet safe for dogs? So, ensure that you don’t hurt your dog while using it.
How do you remove stains of dried ketchup from the carpet?
It is not easy to remove dried stains from the carpet, but not impossible to accomplish. You just need some extra effort for it, like scratching the stained region and then using detergent on it, or you can blot the region with water for some time before using any lubricant.
Is it possible to remove stains of freshly spilled ketchup from the carpet just by washing it?
You can remove freshly spilled ketchup stains by first scooping the remainder up using a spoon, and then you can wash the stained region with detergent.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!