If you love having barbecue parties at home, having guests with bbq dishes wandering around your beautiful soft-textured carpet, then you are at the right place as you never know when an inevitable mishap to your carpet can happen, and you’ll need the guide on “How to get bbq sauce out of the carpet?”
One of the most crucial factors of bbq sauce that should be kept in mind is that despite its sweet, tangy, and spicy flavor, bbq sauce is made of various ingredients and artificial food colors that can make its stain challenging to remove from your carpet.
You don’t have to worry; we have got you covered, here’s a perfect guide for you with simple kitchen elements that can help you remove that rigid stains.
How to get bbq sauce out of the carpet when it’s fresh?
According to the experts, leaving the stains for a long time will make it more challenging to remove them.
If you are dealing with wet or fresh bbq sauce (fresh as your painted nails), then you can simply use a spoon or dull knife to excavate as much sauce from the carpet.
How to Get Bbq Sauce out of the carpet when it’s dry?
If you are working on a bbq stain that you overlooked and now has completely dried up, use the back of the spoon or knife to scrape off the extra sauce until you see the stain.
This phenomenon happens because the bbq sauce has a high sugar content that lets it dry and makes it crusty and more problematic to remove.
As soon as you see the stain, we are ready to move on to the next step in the process.
How to Get Bbq Sauce out of the Carpet quickly?
As mentioned above, either it is a stain of red wine or the stain of bbq sauce, quick action is required to remove them from your carpet.
Fortunately, there are various methods to prevent this, but one can begin by using a dry, clean cloth to absorb as much as it can.
Just remember not to rub it vigorously, as it can cause the sauce to get absorbed deeper into the carpet. After blotting the stain, there are various home remedies that you can use, like using lemon juice, dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, and white vinegar.
This accidental spill can also happen to your lovely couch, which will ruin the aesthetic of your home and for this, you can also use a carpet cleaner. But many people often have this question- can you use carpet cleaner on the couch? and the answer depends.
Despite all these methods, it is important to utilize the appropriate method by observing proper instructions.
Methods to use to get rid of the Bbq sauce out of the carpet
1. Warm water and a clean cloth
Materials Required- Half a cup of warm water and a clean cloth.
Steps to follow:
1. Start the process by scraping off the excess amount of sauce. Pour the warm water slowly around the stained area, don’t over-wet the area. This process allows the sauce to separate from the carpet.
2. Once you’ve completely wet the stained area, dab the clean cloth, and with every dab, remove the soiled parts in the carpet.
3. Continue this process until the stain is fully removed.
Materials Required- white vinegar, dish detergent, and warm water.
Disclaimer- This procedure is not compatible with area rugs as vinegar is very acidic and can damage the natural fibers of your carpet.
Steps to follow:
1. Mix warm water and a small amount of dish detergent.
2. Soak a sponge with this mixture and gently wet the stained area.
3. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. The next step requires you to absorb a clean cloth in white vinegar and dab the stained area.
5. Repeat the process by rinsing the stain well.
3. Lemon Juice
Just like vinegar, lemon juice also contains acid that can damage your carpet. Generally, silk-based carpets are more exposed to damage by lemon juice.
Materials Required- Lemon juice and warm water.
Steps to follow:
1. Start by soaking the stained area in warm water.
2. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. Grab half of a lemon and squeeze it onto the stain. This process will help loosen the oil of the barbecue sauce.
4. Using Hydrogen Peroxide
Materials Required- Hydrogen Peroxide, a plastic wrap.
Steps to follow:
1. The first step in the process is to make sure the hydrogen peroxide is 3%.
2. Pour a small amount on the stain and cover it with a plastic wrap.
3. The next step is to prevent the light from entering the area. For this, cover the area with a towel and top it with some books to put the weight on the area.
4. Check the stain every 30 minutes and repeat the process until the stain gets lightened.
Removing the stain of barbecue sauce can be a daunting process. But with the right tools and a little bit of hard work, you make the process of how to get bbq sauce out of the carpet an uncomplicated process.
These few home remedies can save your carpet, but if things go upside down, don’t hesitate to contact a professional.
Will baking soda discolor the carpet?
Using baking soda to remove stains on your carpet is generally safe. But in some cases, yes, baking soda can cause discoloration due to its properties.
Will vinegar leave a stain on carpet?
White vinegar is clear, thus making the chances of discoloration significantly less. When using white vinegar, make sure to leave the area wet but not overly saturated.
How To Get Bbq Sauce Out Of The Carpet when it's super dry?
Sometimes using these home remedies all go waste because of the strong ingredients of bbq sauce.
In this case, you can mix a tablespoon of ammonia with half a cup of water and sponge the solution onto the stain.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!