Vacuuming accentuates comfort and coziness by eradicating dry debris from the carpet. But “Can You Vacuum After Shampooing Carpet?” Or will this idea ruin the rug completely.
Well, many believe that vacuuming is the best way to suck up trapped moisture got while the carpet cleaning process, but professionals generally advise avoiding it. Due to this, it’s difficult to say what is right.
To understand it better, let’s dig into the topic and find out more!
Purpose Of Shampooing Carpet
If you are wondering how to deodorize carpet, then Shampooing is the best carpet doctor, which keeps it gleaming even after you use it for 10 to 15 years. It not only enhances its delicacy but also adds a vibrant texture to the whole room.
Now you might be thinking, how does a cleaner do such a technical task?
Well, it’s crucial to understand, but in a broader notion, we can say that a cleaner liberates hot water with cleaning solution at high pressure and employs its agents to pull out filth with a few wet and dry strokes.
Hence, to attain this cleaning, it’s better to go for a carpet cleaner deep cleaning method once every 12 to 18 months whenever you see greasy filths and grim trapped hard into your rug.
Purpose Of Using Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuuming is a dry cleaning method that eliminates daily household filths through its suction motors and filters. It is the most effective and cheapest option to remove allergens like pet dander, dust mites, and pollen.
Else, a vacuum is cost-effective and works on every flooring with the same result. But, even after these advantages, you have to buy a carpet cleaner or employ a professional once a year to deep clean the rug because this is a task that cannot be accomplished by your sweeper.
Can You Vacuum After Shampooing Carpet?
By vacuuming after using a carpet cleaner, you can expect your carpet to look more firm and uniform. Other than this, you can also clean the filth remains that were not blasted out during the shampooing process.
Considering all these advantages, we can say that it’s good to use a cleaner after the shampooing process. Then why do professionals refrain?
This is because when the water enters the suction motor of the vacuum, it causes damage to it. And if applied on an extra wet carpet, it can lead to electrocution.
So, even after its pros, there are still some big cons due to which you can avoid its usage on wet rugs. Instead, you can sweep the carpet with a vacuum cleaner after drying it completely under the sun or a big fan.
What Is The Best Technique To Clean The Carpet?
Many people don’t know the correct technique to clean the carpet while many just wonder how to clean the carpet.
So, to blast out dirt from every corner of your carpet, you can use a vacuuming followed by a carpet cleaning method. It will not only eradicate some stubborn stains but also extend the life of your carpet. To use this technique,
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly to detach all the grime and grease.
- Remove the small furniture from the carpet and drag the bigger one from one corner to another while cleaning.
- Sweep those places neatly that are highly affected by continuous foot traffic.
- Use a brush or scrubber to draw out human or pet hair from the carpet’s fibers.
- After it’s done, assemble your carpet cleaner and fill the clean water tank with water and solution.
- Consider the mark given in the tank while filling.
- Switch on the cleaner and set its dial to heavy cleaning.
- Give two consecutive wet and dry strokes and then move to another section of carpet for the same.
- Maintain your pace while cleaning to give better results to your rug.
- After it’s clean, empty the dirty water tank into the sink and fill the clean water tank again with fresh water.
- But this time, do not put a cleaner solution as here you are leading to remove the solution with filth remaining out of the carpet.
- Give two wet and dry strokes again, as you did while cleaning, and then squeeze the carpet to remove excess water.
- Dry the carpet under the sun for 6 to 10 hours and then lay it again on the floor.
If you are not sure that, Can You Vacuum After Shampooing Carpet? Then you should consider all the pros and cons of this activity. By, this you will easily identify which method is appropriate for your carpet’s life and which one is not.
Can I use a vacuum cleaner on a light wet carpet?
Running a cleaner after a deep cleaning process is a bit risky, so it’s more suitable first to dry the carpet completely and then use a vacuum cleaner or broom over it.
How frequently should I deep clean my carpet?
You should deep clean your carpet or call a professional for it once every 12 to 18 months. But, if your room’s rug gets soiled frequently, then you can use your carpet cleaner in 6 to 10 months for cleaning.
How will I know that my carpet is ready for deep cleaning?
If your carpet has visible stains or foul odors that you cannot remove with a vacuum cleaner or scrubber, then it’s time to give a deep clean to your rug.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!