If you have a carpeted room, then it’s your responsibility to keep it free of filth. For that, you can use Hoover carpet cleaner because it can eliminate stains and lift deep-down embedded dirt out of the carpet with its high-suction technology. But can you use any solution for a Hoover carpet cleaner, or will it affect the quality of the carpet in the long run?
Let’s find out!
All About Hoover Carpet Cleaner
According to the official site, Hoover was invented in 1907, when an investigator, Murray Spangler, detected asthma and called upon his inventor’s creativity to create a solution to eradicate dust that aggravated his condition.
Later, Spangler founded the Electric Suction Sweeper Company, which is now known as The Hoover Company.
In 1929, Hoover introduced the Model 200 Duster, which was the first cylinder cleaner, and in 1950 introduced the first rubberized suction hose in the industry called the Veriflex.
Hoover Carpet Cleaner has powerful scrubbing brushes and vacuum suction, which blows out all the dirt and gives a smooth and shiny texture back to the carpet. It is best known for all-inclusion products made for general and special-purpose vacuuming, such as full-size uprights and canisters, hard-floor cleaners, and deep cleaners.
All these features of Hoover make it a prominent choice in the carpet cleaning category!
Can You Use Any Solution For Hoover Carpet Cleaner?
Well, Hoover suggests using its solution for the best user experience. This is because the Hoover solution comes in wide range and variety, such as,
- Hoover Pet Stain & Odor with Stainguard Carpet Cleaner Solution
- Hoover Paws & Claws Hard Floor Pet Cleaning Formula
- HOOVER Oxy Carpet Cleaner Solution
- Hoover Oxy Deep Cleaning Carpet Shampoo Concentrated Machine Cleaner Solution
- Hoover Free & Clean Deep Cleaning Carpet Shampoo Concentrated Machine Cleaner Solution
With this, the solution has a pH between 8 and 10, which maintains the fabric’s softness and helps it stay shiny till the rug’s lifespan. So, it’s better not to use any other carpet cleaning solution in Hoover rather than the names listed above.
Can You Use Homemade Solution In Hoover Carpet Cleaner?
Although Hoover recommends using its solution, you can still use a homemade solution made up of an equal portion of white vinegar in water. For better fragrance, you can also add a few drops of essential oil (tea tree oil) to the mixture.
This homemade solution is inexpensive and can work similar to the Hoover solution. But, before pouring it directly on your carpet, test it on a hidden region of the rug and wait for a few minutes before wiping. If the solution does not leave any patch of discoloration or stiffness, then it is ready to go on the whole carpet.
How To Use Hoover Carpet Cleaner?
Hoover Carpet Cleaner is most gentle on carpet fabric, designed to suck up new and old filths without leaving any stain or dullness.
Although it is very easy to use Hoover Carpet Cleaner, but we still recommend you to use it on a small region first, especially if you have never operated any carpet cleaner before.
To operate this cleaner perfectly, you have to follow a step-by-step guide that includes:
Preparing The Carpet Before Cleaning
Remove the furniture and vacuum the carpet thoroughly to eliminate regular dry dirt, pet dander, and hairs. If you can see a few dark stains that need special treatment, then,
- Purchase a Hoover solution from a store present near you.
- Pour a scoop of Hoover carpet cleaning solution into a cup of water and spread it evenly over the stain.
- Leave it for a few minutes, and then wipe the stain with a damp towel while giving it a gentle scrub.
Preparing Hoover Machine For Carpet Cleaning
To prepare your cleaner, you have to add 3 oz. of solution in a gallon of water and make a few settings in the dial. But before leading to that, go through Hoover’s manual thoroughly and follow each instruction.
After that, you will be better familiar with your Hoover Carpet Cleaner and easily understand all the dials and their positionings.
- Set up the Hoover cleaner on a tile or wooden floor so that you can easily clean the spills that may occur during cleaner’s assembly.
- Remove the clear water tank present at the top of the cleaner and fill it with hot water.
- Add Hoover carpet cleaner solution in the tank or solution compartment if you have The Hoover Power Scrub Elite, Hoover Max Extract, or Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe.
- Fix the tank back to its place while leaning it back towards the handle. Once it is fit, you will notice the snap sound.
- Now, set your carpet cleaner to the “Wash” setting after stepping on the pedal to lower the handle.
- After executing all these setting steps, turn on the cleaner to use.
Cleaning The Carpet With Hoover Carpet Cleaner
Now, here is the step you must be waiting for, and that is cleaning your rug. But before leading to this, check all the dials again and grab the handle to not lose the grip while moving.
Because once you leave the cleaner in a place for long with trigger up, you will end up wetting your carpet more than you want. So, for perfect cleaning,
- Start with the corner of your carpet and follow a pattern to ensure you haven’t left any unclear patches.
- Pull the trigger and move forward slowly to give 2 wet strokes to the same carpet spot.
- Do not over-wet the region because then it will take several days to dry.
- After this, leave the trigger to give 2 dry strikes while sucking up the solution and filth back.
- If your carpet has stains left even after strokes, then go for another round of cleaning while following the same steps.
- Once the area is clean, move to another carpet region to clean.
- Empty the dirty water tank and clean the Hoover carpet cleaner thoroughly. Let the cleaner dry entirely before placing it back in its place.
- Also, dry the carpet under the sun for 6 to 10 hours.
If you are going to clean your carpet with Hoover, then it is adequate to ask, “Can You Use Any Solution For Hoover Carpet Cleaner?”
But, once you know the answer to this, learn about the guide you can follow to use Hoover carpet cleaner and get a perfect spotless rug.
Who is the owner of The Hoover Company?
Right now, Hoover is owned by TTI Floor Care North America, headquartered in Charlotte, NC. The company manufactures high-performance vacuum cleaners for home and commercial use.
What makes Hoover's solution best for carpets?
Hoover’s solution is made by using natural ingredients found in plants, microbes, and minerals instead of harsh chemicals. That is why this solution is perfect to use on any fabric of a carpet.
Which are the best Hoover carpet cleaners?
All Hoover carpet cleaner models have high-performance and budget-friendly options. But talking about a few of the most popular ones, you can use:
- Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner.
- Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner.
- Hoover Smartwash Automatic Carpet Cleaner.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!