Have you ever wondered, why is mattress cleaning so difficult in comparison to other household works? Maybe because of its thickness and layered fabric, which makes the mattress laborious to carry either to wash or to dust off. In the same manner, Bissell Carpet Cleaner is used to clean the carpet and brings a perfect finish to the rug. But, “Can You Use Bissell Carpet Cleaner On A Mattress?”
You can find below in-depth answers to all your questions related to mattress carpet cleaning, but let’s first find out some other popular techniques that have been frequently used to clean mattresses from long ago.
What Are Archaic Methods To Clean Mattress?
The method that people generally use is adding detergent in regular or warm water and damping a cloth in solution, followed by wiping it on the carpet. Similarly, other popular methods include pouring a solution of vinegar and water or vinegar and baking soda to give it a deep clean.
But the major problem with these methods is that all these include lots of effort and time, and especially the time that the mattress takes to exsiccate. Similarly, other methods, like using a solution of vinegar or baking soda, can make the mattress dull over time. This leads us to the most common question asked by people: will vinegar stain the carpet?
Hence, you cannot rely on these archaic methods if you want to maintain the bright shine and soft texture of your mattress for the long haul.
Can You Use A Bissell Carpet Cleaner On A Mattress?
It’s a tricky question as you will get lots of conflicting advice on the matter, although you can get an answer to this by seeing the impact that a Bissell Carpet Cleaner brings on a carpet.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner has a vast floor wand with one or two jet sprays to disperse or sop up fluid. This fluid consists of a deep cleaning mixture that blasts out dirt from a rug while providing deep cleaning to it. Also, it brushed out the deeply embedded dirt from the fabric by scrubbing.
You must have noticed here that every kind of cleaning method that people used long ago is now available inside a carpet cleaner, and the best part of this is it does not leave any harm to the fabric.
So, “Can You Use A Bissell Carpet Cleaner On A Mattress?” the answer is yes; in fact, it could be the best option for your mattress, which will maintain its soft fabric with no significant time consumption.
Is It Harmful To Use A Carpet Cleaner On A Mattress?
Carpet cleaners are designed to clean deep-rooted dirt from the fabric, and people generally associate it with carpets only. But the mattresses in your home also have similar fabric with heavy thickness; hence, you can use the carpet cleaner to give deep cleaning to your mattress.
But sometimes, these carpet cleaners can be harmful to your mattress because their fibers are more soft than a carpet. So, if you are using the wrong cleaning solution containing Naphthalene, Trisodium Phosphate, Ammonia, etc., harmful chemicals, then they will surely wash off the soft fabric and shine of your mattress.
Other than this, opting for the wrong cleaning method can also be detrimental to your mattress. You can go through the carpet cleaner manual thoroughly and can get,
- Bissel Concentrate Blossom and Breeze Carpet Cleaner
- Bissell Fiber Cleansing 709ml Cleaning Formula
- SpotClean Portable Upholstery and Carpet Washer
- Bissell Tough Stain Pre-Cleaner
from the market and check the label behind it to see what ingredients they are made from. After this, pour the solution into the Bissel Carpet Cleaner as instructed in the manual in order to get a better and more organized cleaning for your mattress.
How To Clean Mattress With A Bissell Carpet Cleaner?
To give a deep clean to your mattress, follow each step one by one, but before that, dust off the mattress with a beater and then scrub the heavily stained area with mattress shampoo.
After doing these two steps, the dust and stain will get detached from their place to an extent and will become lighter. And after this, your whole cleaning process will give you the perfect finish in just one go. To clean the mattress,
Make Initial Settings To The Bissell Carpet Cleaner
Here, the setting implies the initial installation processes, and for that:
1. Fill the water tank with hot water, but remember to consider the line that indicates the mark till where you need to fill it.
2. Pour Bissell Mattress Cleaning Solution into the water tank till the second mark.
3. If your cleaner has a cleaning dial on the front side indicating light, normal, and heavy cleaning, then adjust it to light or normal. This adjustment of the dial will depend on how soiled your mattress is.
4. Set the tool dial present on top of the water tank by spinning it towards the floor cleaning option. If you can’t find this option in your Bissell Carpet Cleaner, then maybe your cleaning model doesn’t have this.
5. After all these steps, turn down the heater and power button to start the carpet cleaner.
Clean The Carpet With Bissell Carpet Cleaner
1. To sprinkle water on the mattress, pull the trigger up and move in a forward and backward direction.
2. Go with an average speed and clean a small area at a time.
3. Leave the trigger to give a few dry strokes to your mattress. And at the meantime, the solution poured by the cleaner will suck up by itself.
4. If you can still see some light stain patches, then give a few more strokes to your mattress.
5. If the dirty water tank is completely full, then stop the cleaning process and empty the tank into the sink.
6. Refill the clean water tank with hot water and solution again, and move forward and backward with a few more strokes until your mattress is spotless.
It is very difficult to clean a mattress by hand, but “Can You Use A Bissell Carpet Cleaner On A Mattress?” You will get a detailed answer to this question in the article, and other than this, you will get to know the steps to follow in order to clean your mattress easily without wasting time.
Can you get pet's pee smell out of the mattress by using carpet cleaner?
Yes, you can clean your pet’s pee from the mattress using a deep clean method. In such case, use a Bissell Carpet Cleaner with Bissell Mattress Cleaning Solution and get the foul odor of your pet pee out of your carpet.
What is the best method to clean the mattress?
You can clean your mattress with Bissell Carpet cleaner because it will provide a deep clean and eliminate tough and deep embedded dust from mattress fibers.
How long will it take to dry the mattress with Bissell Carpet Cleaner?
The mattress usually takes 7 to 8 hours to dry, but in case of bad weather, this time may extend to 24 hours. And if you are using a Bissell Carpet Cleaner, then it’s best to wait for 4 to 6 hours to get a complete dry mattress.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!