Getting a professional carpet cleaner solution can be expensive, but what if I tell you it’s easy to prepare Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution Homemade?
Well, yes, you can, and that too in many simple methods!
Carpet cleaners are the best solution to clean heavily stained areas, such as food or drink spills, high foot traffic regions, stains led by pet paws or pet pees, etc. And to treat such stains well, we’ll discuss several methods one by one and consider the cost estimates.
Does Homemade Solution Work?
The effectiveness of homemade solution totally depends upon what ingredient you have used to prepare it. This is because different ingredients have contrasting results on a stain, counting its nature (acidic or basic) and the routine you have followed for its making.
So, if formed with the proper technique, a homemade carpet cleaner solution will work more effectively than the one available in the market. It will not only clean the stains but also eradicate the foul odor completely. This homemade solution can also be used in cleaning a bearded dragon carpet. however, you need to test it first in an inconspicuous area and then use it on the while carpet.
How Much Does It Cost?
Suppose you have got your living room’s carpet stained by your children playing with crayons, or they have stepped on the rug with filthy bare feet. Now, what will you do? How will you remove crayon stains out of the carpet? Clean it with the carpet cleaner or rub the region with a cleaning solution.
In this way, you will end up buying a number of solution containers and increase the burden on your pocket. If you are wondering how, then let’s get some estimates on this: On average, a bottle of carpet cleaner solution costs around $25 to $30, and if you are using innumerable solution bottles, i.e., 2 to 3 in a year that it will amount $40 to $90.
On the other hand, a homemade Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution will cost $1 per gallon, which is far less than the market solution. Hence, you can save several dollars by spending a little while in making this solution.
Benefits Of Homemade Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution
Homemade Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution has several benefits over the regular cleaner solutions available in the market, such as,
- Homemade carpet cleaner solution is cheaper and can be made with ingredients present near you.
- This solution does not expire, so that you can store it for future use.
- It is concentrated; hence, you have to use a small amount at a time.
- The homemade solution is typically made of natural ingredients, so it is safe for your carpet.
- It can increase the life of your rug by 2 to 3 years.
- The homemade solution is eco-friendly and will be gentle on your skin and eyes.
How To Prepare Bissel Carpet Cleaner Solution?
You can easily prepare a Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution at your home with a few ingredients that are readily available in every household.
So, to give better cleaning to your rug, check each method one by one and select one that can blend well with your carpet cleaning technique.
Prepare Carpet Cleaner With Detergent
This carpet cleaning solution is the closest to the one available in the market, which will give a refreshing odor and an unpatched clean rug in a quarter cup. To make such an effective solution,
- Take a bowl and pour 2 big spoons of liquid laundry detergent with 1 big spoon of all-purpose cleaner.
- Then, add 1 big scoop of Oxiclean or generic version and 1 tsp fabric softener into the bowl.
- After adding all the ingredients, stir it to mix all the ingredients well with a spoon.
- Add the solution to a gallon of hot water and then mix it softly until all the crystals of OxiClean disappear.
- Once mixed, pour it into a container to store it for several uses.
- You will only need to pour 1/4 cup of this solution into the Bissell Carpet Cleaner while cleaning.
Use White Vinegar Solution In Cleaner
White vinegar consists of 4–7% acetic acid and 93–96% water and is one of the best non-toxic options that can keep your carpet fresh for long. To prepare its solution:
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar or distilled vinegar in 2 cups of water.
- Then, put 2 teaspoons of salt with 15 drops of essential oil, such as pine, lemon, or lavender, into the solution.
- Mix all ingredients well with a spoon and store it in a spray bottle.
Prepare Ammonia Based Cleaner
This cleaner solution is capable of cleaning the most stubborn stains with minimal effort and can improve the strength of your rug. However, due to the corrosive nature of ammonia, you have to be extra careful while using its solution. Because this mixture can irritate your skin and nose. So, put on some gloves while pouring it into the bucket. To prepare its solution,
- Pour 1 tablespoon of liquid dish detergent into ¼ cup of ammonia and vinegar.
- Add the mixture in 3 gallons of water and store it in a packed bucket for several uses.
Make A Vinegar Solution With Salt And Essential Oil
As discussed above, white vinegar is a non-toxic compound that helps clean stains from fabric, and by adding salt to it, you get rid of the most stubborn stains and give your rug bright colors. To make it your rug doctor,
- Add 1 cup of white or distilled vinegar in 2 cups of water.
- Put in 2 teaspoons of salt and lay 15 to 17 drops on the essential oil, such as pine, lavender, or lemon.
- Stir the solution gently and then store it in a container.
Use Hydrogen Peroxide And Lemon To Make Cleaner Solution
If you have a light-colored rug in your room, then hydrogen peroxide is the best cleaning solution option for you. While keeping the bright shine of white color fabrics, this solution is capable of deodorizing fabric and removing stains.
By adding lemon to the solution, you can make a highly effective cleaning agent that can work as a grease-cutting cleaner and make everything smell great. To make its solution,
- Pour ¾ cup of hydrogen peroxide into a bucket containing with 1½ cups of water.
- Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil and stir to combine the ingredients well.
- Discharge the solution in a container and store it for use.
Create A Borax And Baking Soda Cleaning Powder
To clean your carpet, you can prepare a powerful cleaner and deodorizer by mixing dry baking soda and borax powder. To customize the smell, you can also add your favorite herbs or flowers to the mixture. To prepare this cleaner,
- Add 1 cup of borax to 1 cup of baking soda
- Pinch 1 tablespoon of dried herbs or flowers in the mixture.
- Spill 20 drops of essential oil and still the ingredients well to prepare a solution.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution Homemade | Conclusion:
It’s pretty expensive to use a commercial carpet cleaning solution, so to prepare a Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution Homemade, you can use laundry detergent, white vinegar, borax, or hydrogen peroxide to prepare a solution.
By this, you can bring a great shine to your carpet’s fabric while removing all the stubborn stains.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution Homemade | FAQ’S:
How big is the carpet cleaner solution industry?
According to estimates of 2022, the market size of United States carpet cleaning services was approximately 6.5 billion U.S. dollars.
Which one is the best ingredient to make Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution?
You can use white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or laundry detergent to prepare the most effective Bissell Carpet Cleaner Solution.
Can I add baking soda and white vinegar to my carpet?
You can add baking soda and white vinegar to your carpet in order to clean the stains, but avoid pouring it at the same time, as these chemicals together can spoil your carpet.
Daleyza knows a lot about carpets! She has worked with carpets for over 7 years and can help with things like putting them in, keeping them clean, and replacing them. She really likes carpets and spends most of her time learning about new ways to work with them. When she’s not learning about carpets, she enjoys reading books. She’s really good at helping people choose the right carpet for their homes and making sure they’re happy with it. If you want to know more about carpets, Daleyza is the person to talk to!